Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mid-Day Beer Fest

I just went out to lunch with my work people to celebrate a birthday. We usually kick back and have a good time with a beer but today we just couldn’t seem to stop at just one. You see, it was $5 pitcher day. And since the restaurant was all out of Miller Light, we were given any other draft beer at the $5 price. It only made good sense to get 2 pitchers of Blue Moon and 2 pitchers of Leinie’s Oktoberfest. We split 4 pitchers between 5 people. And since I had so much to drink, I’m leaving it up to you to calculate how many beers I had at lunch today. I feel like I’m slurring my words as I type this. Now I have to make it through 2 more hours of work and a trip to the gym. I know I’ll make it through but it all seems so hard right now. I just want to curl up in the corner and take a nap.

I will endure. I need to remember to drink a lot of water so I don’t get a late afternoon hangover. I can handle being a little tipsy at work but being hung over at work is really not a good time.

Wanna know the best part of the story? The boss bought all the beer.

15 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

YAY. Did you go back to work after the fact? We can get fired for working under the influence...which I always said was a good excuse to take the rest of the day off!

Dollface said...

Love this.... and blue moon... ummm.. I also like Hoegarden.. yummm!! drink one for me :) xxxoo

Vodka Logic said...

good luck and let us know how the hangover went. Me, I would skip the gym for the nap.
xx

Mandy said...

Wow, and why don't you like this job? ;-)

I hope you made it through the rest of your afternoon and then home safely. I bet you'll sleep well tonight, that is if you're not curled up under your desk right now. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hannah said...

I laughed out loud when I read that your boss bought all the beer ... that was great.

www.FunnyPhotosContest.com Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote for them. No entry fee.

Hit 40 said...

Oh my heavens!! I want your job. I would be on the six o'clock news if I went to school with beer on my breath...

but I bet we would all be nicer to the kids :-)

Aubrey said...

I have faith in you...good luck!

Cathy said...

That sounds like a fantastic lunch! Blue Moon and Leinies!!

Mid-afternoon hangovers are the worst, especially if you can't nap. Boooo. You should just store a bottle of tequila in your desk for days like this so you can keep the buzz going.

said...

How awesome that your boss got you all drunk! I think the world would be a happier place if we could all drink at work. Hope you survived the afternoon.

Glamour Girl said...

Awesome! I love days like that. And yes, it would have been ridiculous NOT to take advantage of that $5 special with any beer you wanted!

Intense Guy said...

It has been a long, long, long time since I've drank my lunch.

I remember 'hiding' in one of the unused storage rooms with a couple plastered buddies waiting for the day to end (our employee pass badges clocked us in and out of the building so we had to be 'in').

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

So how'd ya do? ;oD
Take care, SITStah!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Hey girl, visiting from SITS :) I hear ya about family reading it...I surely haven't told my mom about mine!

My personal blog:
www.finewire.blogspot.com

If you are ever interested in a new blog design, I'd love to work with you!
www.onefineblogdesign.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Where'd you find a boss like THAT?!?!

;D

PS...Got my gift card today, thanks!!

Anonymous said...

See, now I just don't ever see this happening with my job....