I am always so surprised when fellow bloggers give me awards. It is such an honor to know so many people think I write something worth reading. Thanks to all of you who have passed on awards to me. I have been given three awards that I need to mention and pass on. Since I am not tech savvy at all, it takes me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to copy and paste the awards and figure out how to add links. I know, I suck. But I'm trying.
In any case, I will try to get them all posted and awarded to others before I leave for my camping trip this Thursday. I'm gonna start with the oldest award first.
This award was given to me by two awesome ladies, Mel at Living Different and LuLu at Ever Thine. Ever Mine. Ever Ours. Both of these chicas are fansmashingtastic, have become great friends, and are just a few of the good reasons I use whenever people ask me why I blog. Check them out. They are worth the read.
Here are the rules:
1. “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
2. The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
4. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
5. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
So, 10 honest things about myself. I can't say that no one else knows these things, but I am fairly sure these will be new to most people.
1. I have never lived more than 5 minutes away from my family.
2. Chuck Norris was mentioned in my wedding vows...
3. So was Neil Diamond via the "forever in blue jeans" we added to the very end of the vows.
4. I love beer. I like girly, fruity drinks with umbrellas in them, but I love beer. Especially Dos Equis Ambar.
5. I was a cheerleader in high school. And not just any cheerleader, I was the klutz cheerleader. I was the cheerleader who somehow managed to get in the way of the entire football team and got trampled. This led to my first concussion.
6. Speaking of being a klutz, I fall UP the stairs on a fairly regular basis.
7. I make the world's best potato salad.
8. I have a crush on Corey from LA Ink. I would let him tattoo me everywhere.
9. I once cut the head off a dog. Years and years ago while I was working at an animal hospital, a rabies suspect dog came in. AS REQUIRED BY LAW, the dog had to be euthanized and the head had to be cut off and sent to the county for testing. I am an animal lover and never, ever want to do this again. Please, please, please vaccinate your pets.
10. I know every single lyric to American Pie. Every time I hear it I have to stop what I am doing so I can sing and dance to the song.
I've decided to pass this award to a few of the new blogs I have just started reading. Check them out!
Well-Behaved Women Rarely Make History
(Dear Diary) Vodka Made Me Do It
Butterflies and Hurricanes
The Dumbest Smart Girl You Know
Whisky on the Rocks
Thanks again to Mel and Lulu for this awesome award!
thank u so much! my first award :) im still surprised u still read my blog! haha
Good for you for sharing the blog love! People like you are what keeps us bloggers going strong...have a great SITS day!
Congrats on your awardedness.
Your list is the living end. I'm speechless about the dog head.
I hate beer, but I'd come to your party anyway cuz I'm the World's Best Potato Salad EATER.
What a coincidink.
thank you for all your love and support lately.
congrats on the award. you deserve it1
Congrats on the award! This one is so you!
Ahhhh thankyou thankyou! You rock! Thanks for the award and thanks for reading my blog!
Hey thanks for the comment! Is it weird that I don't find spending time with my birth mother surreal? I don't find very many things surreal. I don't think that makes me strong I think it just means I'm just very even-keel. Forte or foible it's how I am.
Based on the fact that two of your ten true things were about being a total klutz, I'd say we're going to get along pretty well. Klutzes are my favorite kind of people and I'm pretty often one myself. =D
<3 Miss Rex
Congratulations you klutz!!!!
congratulations..you deserve awards..
i like that chuck norris was in your wedding vows..the cookie monster was in my divorce petition..
congrats on your award :D Lots of interesting facts there!! I'm quite concerned - kidding!
Chuck Norris is the first person to ever unscramble eggs
The true meaning of Pi is Chuck Norris
...I could go on
Aw, well congratulations to you, and thank you so much!
I also fall up the stairs, quite frequently. Actually, the more wine I consume, the more frequently I fall up the stairs, and there are about a million little wine dot stains on my cream carpet like a little breadcrumb trail to lead me back upstairs to my spot on the couch.
You had to cut the head off a dog? Oh Hell. to the NO.... oh my lordy woman.
Anyway.... so I've never lived more than 10 minutes from my mom (my family) either, so I'm glad to know I'm not alone! Haa haa.... most people roll their eyes at me when I say that.
Post a Comment