I am always so surprised when fellow bloggers give me awards. It is such an honor to know so many people think I write something worth reading. Thanks to all of you who have passed on awards to me. I have been given three awards that I need to mention and pass on. Since I am not tech savvy at all, it takes me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to copy and paste the awards and figure out how to add links. I know, I suck. But I'm trying.
In any case, I will try to get them all posted and awarded to others before I leave for my camping trip this Thursday. I'm gonna start with the oldest award first.
This award was given to me by two awesome ladies, Mel at Living Different and LuLu at Ever Thine. Ever Mine. Ever Ours. Both of these chicas are fansmashingtastic, have become great friends, and are just a few of the good reasons I use whenever people ask me why I blog. Check them out. They are worth the read.
Here are the rules:
1. “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
2. The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
4. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
5. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
So, 10 honest things about myself. I can't say that no one else knows these things, but I am fairly sure these will be new to most people.
1. I have never lived more than 5 minutes away from my family.
2. Chuck Norris was mentioned in my wedding vows...
3. So was Neil Diamond via the "forever in blue jeans" we added to the very end of the vows.
4. I love beer. I like girly, fruity drinks with umbrellas in them, but I love beer. Especially Dos Equis Ambar.
5. I was a cheerleader in high school. And not just any cheerleader, I was the klutz cheerleader. I was the cheerleader who somehow managed to get in the way of the entire football team and got trampled. This led to my first concussion.
6. Speaking of being a klutz, I fall UP the stairs on a fairly regular basis.
7. I make the world's best potato salad.
8. I have a crush on Corey from LA Ink. I would let him tattoo me everywhere.
9. I once cut the head off a dog. Years and years ago while I was working at an animal hospital, a rabies suspect dog came in. AS REQUIRED BY LAW, the dog had to be euthanized and the head had to be cut off and sent to the county for testing. I am an animal lover and never, ever want to do this again. Please, please, please vaccinate your pets.
10. I know every single lyric to American Pie. Every time I hear it I have to stop what I am doing so I can sing and dance to the song.
I've decided to pass this award to a few of the new blogs I have just started reading. Check them out!
Well-Behaved Women Rarely Make History
(Dear Diary) Vodka Made Me Do It
Butterflies and Hurricanes
The Dumbest Smart Girl You Know
Whisky on the Rocks
Thanks again to Mel and Lulu for this awesome award!