Thursday, June 11, 2009

Getting Tired

I know this economy sucks, but is anyone else getting sick of "being lucky to have a job?" I know I am. I would much rather be "lucky to have a good job," or even "lucky to have a job I like." Instead, I am perpetually stuck with "lucky to have a job." Even though I hate it. Even though I sometimes cry in the mornings because I don't want to go to work.

Yesterday I was informed I would be switching offices. I'll only be moving across the parking lot, but now instead of having a job I hate, I'll be doing a job I loath. Whereas before I simply wasn't happy with the job I was doing, I'll now be doing a job that makes slitting my wrists a viable option. I guess it's lucky I don't have any suicidal tendencies.

The husband thinks I should tell my boss what this move it gonna do to me but I know it won't make a difference. I know it's time for me to leave this job and move on. But where do I go? I've been looking around and keep finding nothing. But I know I can't stay there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I totally understand! It takes all I have to get out of my bed and come into work somedays! I just think if it as an amazing pay check and there arent many places out there right now that will pay me this well . . . On the other hand, I wish I could work from home! I would like my job then :-)

Intense Guy said...

No job is worth contemplating slitting your wrist. Even being unemployed and wondering how to pay the bills would be preferable to that.

I hope you find a better place to be soon.