Saturday, January 17, 2009

For My Sister...Who I Also Call My Lighthouse

My family is the most important thing in my world. Freakishly close, I have a hard time when I go a whole week without seeing them. Admittedly, there are times when I get aggravated with them, but nothing, no matter how bad it may be, will keep me from loving them forever. My sister has been having a rough time lately, and I just wanted to tell everyone how much she means to me and how much I love her. She is my lighthouse. When I am lost, I can count on her to show me the way home. When I am having difficult times, I can count on her to help me out. When Hot Husband and I are fighting, I can count on her to remind me that marriages are hard and that true love will prevail. Now it's my turn to tell her true love will prevail. She is such a strong, courageous, beautiful woman, and I know for a fact that I would not be who I am today without her. Although the heartfelt conversations where we declare our love for each other are few and far between, I know how she feels about me, just like I am sure she knows how much I love her. Tonight is a big night for my sister and I hope it brings her much deserved happiness. There is a long list of things I wish for both of my sisters and happiness is at the top. My sister has been there for me through all of my absolutely crazy relationship fiascoes, and I just want her to know that I will be there for her and M, for absolutely anything they may need. I love you Big Sister. You are...everything to me.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I can't believe I am just reading this now. Thank you so much! I love you too and am so thankful for your support and all your help.

As you know, Saturday was a very great night...and each day, things are getting a little bit better and a little bit easier--not to say there isn't work to be done.

I am so happy to know you and our little sister are there for us every step of the way; I wouldn't be able to do this all by myself.