Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye to the Great 2008

I have a three funny stories about working at the emergency clinic last night and I will make sure to get them up this weekend, but first I wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! As I type, Hot Husband is having a fit in the background because he is unloading the dishwasher and can't find places for all of our stuff. I can't help but laugh because he is comparing his turmoil to that of a single mother. I find his intentional overreaction hiliarious. He is trying to get the kitchen more organized because some of our friends are coming over this evening and he wants it clean so they can mess it up again. In a few hours he'll be able to relax and bid 2008 adieu. 2008 has been an awesome year for us that mostly involved preparations for our wedding and spending time with our family. My only hope for 2009 is that it is as great as 2008.

2009 promises to bring a lot of changes for us, and I am excited and sad at the same time. I can't believe we will be leaving Illinois, but I know this is a journey I am ready to embark on. Can you believe I already planned a trip home??? This week my sisters and I planned a camping trip for August that I am so looking forward to. I hear it's easier to leave if you know exactly when you'll be coming back, so hopefully knowing I won't be totally cut off from my family will help...not that they would ever let me be totally cut off or that I would want to be cut off. And now I'm teared up and rambling....

Oh well. Happy New Year to all who read this. And check back this weekend for some stories about some animals and their extremely imbalanced owners!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Of course we wouldn't let Texas have you for keeps! Are you kidding???

Can't wait for the stories!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Happy New Year!!!

Did he find room for the dishes?