Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Is Saying No An Option Anymore?

My husband's job is driving me nuts. He works in pharmaceutical validation (don't ask me what that is because I just smile and nod when he talks about work) and the company he works for just laid off the other validation guy. I know companies are struggling, but this layoff just doesn't make any sense. According to management, there is enough validation work for four validation guys. So they decided to narrow it down to just one and expect him to work 70 hour weeks to get it all done. Of course it's not all getting done and they get mad because he won't work Sundays. He is starting to say "no" to 12+ hour days more often which is making us both a lot happier, but naturally it pisses of the management. Hot Husband is a salary employee who is severly underpaid and I feel like the damn company is taking advantage of him. I am supposed to be the only one who gets to take advantage of him!

We just really need him to find a new job soon.

1 comment:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Gosh, I am sorry he is having to go through that!
&0 plus hours a week is WAY to much to be working for anybody!