I started this blog a little over a year ago with hopes that a few people other than my husband and family members would read it and think it was cool. Today I am sitting here typing this, psyched out of my mind that I have 103 people who follow this blog.
When did that happen?
How did that happen?
Whatever the answers to those questions are, I am grateful. I never thought that my small anecdotes about sex and my vagina, things my crazy husband says and does, and all sorts of other randomness would attract so many people and keep them coming back for more.
I thought I would have repulsed all of you when I told you about my ripped vagina.
I thought you would have surely left when I told you about the real reason Santa wears red.
I thought you would quietly walk away after telling you about a crazy dream I had.
But no. Instead, I just got more followers and more comments.
I really am so lucky to have all of you. Thanks to everyone who has helped make my blog what it is today. I wouldn’t be here without any of you.
Because you are all so awesome, you will get what has been coming to you for a long time: awards and a giveaway!
First, I have been given an award that needs to be passed on.
The Happy 101 award has been given to me by Cathy at Antsy Pants!
I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and try to do at least one of them today. Then link back to the person that tagged me and tag 10 other bloggers who brighten my day.
Ten things that make me giddy with delight:
1. Not having zits. For some reason my body thinks it is going through puberty again and I have been dealing with a ton of zits lately. Okay, maybe not a ton, but one or two at a time. As of right now, I don’t have any! Yay!
2. Watching The Office. And LOST.
3. Watching the numbers on the scale get smaller and smaller.
4. The feeling I get right after I work out. I don’t like working out and will complain all the way through a workout, but once it is over I feel awesome.
5. HOT, sunny weather. Oh when will you be coming back to me?
6. A venti unsweetened black tea lemonade from Starbucks.
7. Having a working computer at home again. I spent 5 long months without one!
8. My dog, Bacchus. He is so cute and easy to love.
9. Sushi. Good sushi, that is. I have had my share of bad sushi and that does not make me happy.
10. Wine. Red, white, rose or blush, I do not care. I love it all.
I will definitely be doing some wine-ing today!
The rules say to pass on the award to 10 bloggers who brighten my day. Well, rules were meant to be broken, right? The problem is that I have way more than 10 blogs that brighten my day. Listing all of those would take forever, and since this is a post thanking all of my wonderful followers, I am going to pass this award to 10 bloggers who I think are awesome and deserve to have a ton more readers. So click on the links and check them out and follow them too!
1. Baby and Tot Tales: Swizzle is my big sister and the person who got me into blogging. She had her blog first and in true little sister fashion, as soon as I found out about her blog I HAD to have one of my own! She was also my very first follower!
2. Iced Karma Coffee
3. High-Heeled Love
4. And I thought I loved you then…
5. Intense Guy: He was one of my first followers and leaves the most awesome comments!
6. Just Another Manic Mommy
7. The Anti-Journalist
8. The Battle Book
9. The Start-up Wife
10. She Don’t Make False Claims
You will all be missing out if you don’t check out their blogs!
As for the giveaway, I will be giving away a $15 gift card to 3 lucky winners. The winners will be able to choose a Starbucks, Fandango, Borders, Barnes and Noble, or an Amazon.com gift card. I know gift cards are a little boring, but coffee, movies and books definitely are not. Plus then there is something for everyone!
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment letting me know which gift card you would like to win.
Following me counts for one extra entry. If you do follow me, make sure to remind me in a comment. I will do three separate drawings on February 12.
Thanks so much to all of you for making blogging awesome for me!