Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Slave to the Grind

I feel like there is too much stuff going on in my life for me to be working. Actually, let me rephrase that. I KNOW there is too much stuff going on in my life for me to be working. What sucks is that I really have to work. I would love to stay home and hang out with my sister and my nephew Stink. I would love to be able to give my sister some time off so she can rest. I would love to be able to spend days with her and have the chance to try and make her laugh or smile. But I can't because I have to work. I would love to be able to take a few days off so I can get my house in order and get things fixed so we might have more success selling it. But I can't because I have to work. I would love to be able to be a good friend and fly to Texas for a weekend so I can be there for a friend who needs me. But I can't because I have to work. This whole work thing is really getting in the way of what I want to do and it's driving me mad.

So instead of being able to give my sister, my house and my friend 100% of me, I have to settle for bringing my sister coffee in the morning, cleaning my house after work, and calling my friend before I go to sleep. I don't like that all of the things that really matter have to be squeezed in around work.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for the coffee this morning. Just having you pop by to bring it helped so much. It gave me some strength...

work is a PITA--not that I would know! But, you are a great sister, and doing the best job you can as a friend. I am sure she understands and knows you'd be there in an instant if you could--bringing her coffee--or favorite drink.

mimi said...

Not only you are a great sister, you have a great daughter. It's the little things you do make our days. I love you

Yes work sucks