Thursday, January 8, 2009

Can I Have a Head Transplant Please?

I fell in my driveway two days ago, and after 40 hours of a constant headache, Hot Husband insisted on taking me to the hospital. After the most fun three hours I have ever spent in a hospital (thanks to Hot Husband joking around with me and making me laugh all the way through the visit), we found out that I have a concussion, bruising and swelling. As I write this, I am high on painkillers and muscle relaxers and am just trying to find enough energy to make it back to the couch so I can finish watching The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. That movie always makes me feel better.

There are only two things I like about being sick. Let's face it, being sick blows and no one enjoys it, but I can admit there are two small things that make me feel great when I am down and out. The first one is party straws with umbrellas on them. Whenever I am sick, Hot Husband always gives me water and juice with a party straw. The little straw never ceases to make me smile. The second thing I love about being sick is Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. To be clear, it has to be green Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. This is another little thing that the husband does for me. MCC is my favorite kind of ice cream, but I only let myself eat it on very rare occasions. Being sick or having a head injury is definitely the kind of occasion that calls for ice cream.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

OH NO! That's terrible..hope you will be ok...eat lotso green mint ice cream..im the same way about Blue Bell Rocky Road.