Monday, December 14, 2009

Man Crushes

On Sunday afternoon, Leland and I were sitting on the couch eating lunch and watching Saturday’s edition of Saturday Night Live. We don’t usually watch SNL, but Leland wanted me to DVR it because he wanted to see Taylor Lautner hosting the show. Yes, you read that correctly, Leland wanted to see Taylor Lautner. I wasn’t complaining because I think Taylor is all kinds of yummy and have always been on Team Jacob, I was just surprised that Leland wanted to watch. Like most men, Leland doesn’t understand why so many people have gone Twilight crazy. Whenever I ask him to take me to see New Moon he just rolls his eyes and says “Suicide is an option.”

When he asked me to DVR SNL I asked him why.

“Because Taylor is hot,” Leland said, “I want to see if he takes his shirt off.”

If you saw the episode, you know that much to Leland’s disappointment, he kept his shirt buttoned up tight. But that didn’t keep him from being glued to the television. He “ooh”ed and “ahh”ed pretty damn often and kept saying things like, “he is such a man for only being 17,” and “he is sooo hot,” and “why doesn’t he take his shirt off?” By the time we were done watching, I was fairly concerned. I wasn’t really sure what to think of the reaction MY HUSBAND was having to Taylor Lautner. I know I was having a reaction, but was taken aback by the fact that MY HUSBAND was having a greater reaction than I was. Aren’t I supposed to be the woman in the relationship?

Later that night Leland said to me, “I think I am going to add Taylor Lautner to my Top 5.”

“You are adding a guy to your Top 5?” I asked.

“Well I’ll have to make a list of just guys. Right now it will only be a Top 3 list because I can only think of three guys I would let put it in my ass. Taylor is one, and Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are the other two,” Leland said.

So Leland has man crushes. I can handle that. And I cannot deny that Taylor, Ryan and Hugh are all very delicious.

“You know, Taylor is pretty much shirtless for all of New Moon,” I said.

“Really?” Leland said. “Let’s go see it this week.”

23 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

I saw the episode it was funny when he played the girl who was on Team Edward.

Taylor though doesn't do a thing for me... too much a boy. I like men?

Aubrey said...

LMAO...oh my.

Cathy said...

I heart Leland now. And he has good taste...Ryan and Hugh. Hello!

I'm going to have to ask LL who's on his list.

p.s word verification is ankelstd...my ankle has an std?

Tracie said...

Sounds like you're on the road to Swingertown. (just kidding)

Intense Guy said...

LMAO!

Umm.. Leland is .. a unique fellow! :)

He obviously has never thought, "So many WOMAN, so little time." huh?

Anonymous said...

You surprised me, I'll admit, with the remark about 3 guys he'd let put it in his ass!

Whew!

yellowdoggranny said...

that cracks me up

Tracy said...

Okay, I am going to see NEW MOON today! I haven't seen it yet and reading that he will be topless for most of the movie, works for me!

And your hubby's top three - I so agree, they could do just about anything to me too!

jv726 said...

I cant blame him with his Top 3! Good choices...and I mean if women can have an occasional woman on their "list" why can't men have some men on their lists? :)

Anonymous said...

lol during the movie, hubs looked at me and said ... ok... i'm team jacob. lol I don't think that it had anything to do with looks though.

Anonymous said...

Leland has good taste in men!

said...

Thank god my hubs isn't the only one!

D woke me up to watch the whole kicking Kanye in the head thing, after apparently also DVR-ing SNL because he kept rewinding it (played that first part back 4 times while I was awake...who knows once I fell back to sleep) and saying things like "Wow, I'm so impressed with this guy. I had no idea he knew ***!!!" (whatever the hell that brazilian fight/dancing thing is that apparently was what that was) and "His cool factor keeps going up" and "Wake up, he's back on"...Seriously. It was weirdness.

Amanda said...

Too funny! I love that there is actually a man out there that will admit that they have man crushes! Girls don't have a problem admitting that they have girl crushes.

I have Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie, Evan Rachel Wood, and Scarlett Johansson on my list!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! All men probably have man crushes....your man feels comfortable enough to be honest about it!! Go Leland!

I am Team Jacob all the way!

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

lmao.

My man hasn't totally admitted it, but he definitely talks about Tim McGraw quite a bit. He'd totally hit it.

;D

Beth Dunn said...

Oh yeah shirtless except maybe in 1 scene. You will love it. xoxo

SC

ps I have girl crushes

Mandy said...

While I'm not a Taylor (or Twilight) fan, I'm definitely with Leland on Hugh and Ryan. Love those guys! I think it's great that he has a man crush and normal. Don't you have female crushes? Ahem, Sarah Palin dream, LOL! Kidding! Seriously though, I have crushes on Gwen Stefani and Lady Gaga. Even Sandra Bullock on some days. Beauty can be admired by all sexes and for all sexes, even in the same gender. I think Leland sounds hot just for thinking a few guys are hot.

Carma Sez said...

Leland is a trip!!! I just don't get the allure of Hugh Jackman though. Never did. On the other hand the yummy yum yum Ryan Renolds *so dreamy*

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling thanks for the visit and for the kind words, you are such a good friend...a treasure. Luv, everyone at Rose Tea Cottage is doing fine and we are all getting ready for the holidays. Hope life is treating you marvelously. I will be back for a visit again before Christmas.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Shell said...

That is hilarious. My hubs would never admit to a man crush, though he thinks it's hot if I have a girl crush(rolling eyes here).

Anonymous said...

Top 5? Up the ass...HIGH-larious.

Lelean's the man now. Not in my top 5, sorry Leland, I can't roll that way - it's a one way street and I have a hard time with that even!

But he is funny as hell - as are you!

xx

Cristina

Aubrey said...

I'm doing this survey as a post today. Just FYI =)

Carma Sez said...

Hope you and Leland are having a very Merry Christmas and staying out of trouble ;-)