Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Being a Slacker

I have not been on Blogger in a week. You know how it goes, busy with the holiday and stuff, writing a novel in 30 days. Now that Thanksgiving is over and I reached my goal of 50,000 words I will be back commenting and posting regularly.

Over the holiday weekend I realized that I am very thankful for my job. Yes, it’s nice to be able to pay my bills and be a productive member of society, but I also realized having a job keeps me in line. I know this may come as a shock to all of you (insert sarcasm here) but when I’m not working, I tend to get a little crazy. Like I said, shocking.

On Wednesday night Leland and I went to the local Turkey Testicle Festival and had too much to drink and spent too much money. Yes, I tried the turkey balls. They were juicy and squirted in my mouth, which I didn’t really appreciate. Thursday was Thanksgiving, and though I didn’t spend any money, I still drank too much. And though I can’t remember what I did on Friday, I am willing to bet I drank too much on that day as well.

Oh, wait! I do remember what I did on Friday!!!

I reached my 50,000 word goal for National Novel Writing Month and Leland took me out to dinner to celebrate.

On Saturday we got a Christmas tree and decorated the house, then guess what we did that night?

We went out drinking with a friend for her birthday and guess what I did?

I drank too much. So much that on Sunday I was hung over all day. And I also spent too much. Leland was not happy when he saw my bar tab!

It’s hard to get into so much trouble with a two day weekend. But apparently four day weekends are just long enough to make me appreciate my job and my sobriety.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol sounds like a great weekend!! we put our tree up to! Congrats on meeting your goal!

said...

Congrats on hitting 50,000 words!! I'm so impressed.

Intense Guy said...

I can't wait to see the 50,000 word blog entry :)

Maybe you will posted it while you are drinking (too much) and not remember doing so?

So, do you recommend the Turkey Balls or not? What's Leland's opinion of 'em?

Cathy said...

Good god woman...we need to find a way to hang out and drink together. I almost barfed when I read that the balls squirted in your mouth...eeeeeewwwwwwww.

Yay for the 50,000 words. That's a lot.

Anonymous said...

GO GIRL! That's awesome!

Tracie said...

Congrats on completing the novel challenge! You deserved all that carousing!

Mandy said...

Congrats on your MTV Spring Break party weekend. You deserve it. And it served it's purpose since you're thankful of your job and non-drunken days.

Now.... tell me more about these juicy turkey balls....

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Turkey BALLS? Nevermind.

YAY for accomplishing massive goals. I'm too half assed for that kind of stuff, I'm way impressed.

The Bottomless Pit is the big bar spender around here. One drink in and he wants to buy 'all his friends' a shot...one drink in and he considers everyone in sight his 'friend'. Yep.

Carma Sez said...

quite an accomplishment!! The thought of the turkey balls squirting though :-( Now I need to rinse out my mouth..

Vodka Logic said...

Sounds much better than my weekend.. spent no money and didn't drink since I had to work.

Glad you had fun.