Monday, April 20, 2009

Sleepless Saturday Night aka "I Have Meat."

The Bachman ran away on Saturday night/Sunday morning. We had some friends over and had a few beers and somehow lost track of the dog. I know, this is terrible pet ownership and I have been punishing myself for it since we found Bacchus. I woke up at four in the morning to find Hot Husband sick in the bathroom because he had more than "a few" beers. I noticed things were pretty quiet, so I went out in search of the dog. At that time I had no idea it was going to be a four and a half hour search. Naturally, once I noticed he was gone, I flipped out. I made Hot Husband get off the floor and start looking with me. I took the car because I was the sober one and he set off on foot. After about two hours, we still couldn't find him. My parents and sisters joined the search.

Hot Husband and I came home to have some food and regroup. Hot Husband starting packing a backpack with 2-liter bottles of water and various types of meat. When I asked what the hell he was doing, he then told me that he was going out looking for The Bachman and he wasn't coming home til he finds him. "I have meat," he said, "I'll be fine." I know that trying to reason with a drunk person is pretty much impossible, so I let him head out with his backpack full of meat. I later found out that he also packed 3 pairs of socks, 2 lighters and 3 knives. I still have no idea what he was planning on doing with that combination of items.

Around 8am I called the police and was told a dog matching the description of The Bachman was in a neighborhood a few blocks away. I called my sister and had her meet me there, and when I showed up she was trying to talk The Bachman into getting in her car. I have never been more relieved in my life! I tried to call Hot Husband and tell him the good news but got no answer. My sister told me that he walked the 2 miles to her house and was sleeping in her bed. And he told her all about his meat.

1 comment:

Intense Guy said...

I shouldn't laugh...but that "I have meat!" must of been hilarious - especially afterwards...