This is the first time I am even logging on to Blogger in nearly two weeks. I have been a busy girl, been out of town, and just plain been out of touch. Here is a list of 5 things I have been doing since I the last time I posted.
1. I ran around a lot without any pants on. Leland and I were camping with some friends and one night I had a bit too much to drink and decided it would be a fabulous idea to go skinny dipping. When I got out of the water I put a tank top on, but for some reason decided to skip the pants. Thank goddess I had a ton of mosquito repellent on or I am sure I would have bug bites all over my ass.
2. I have actually been working while at work. The guy who works in the warehouse has been screwing a ton of stuff up and has basically not been doing his job. So I have been elected to do it for him. On top of my responsibilities I have been doing all of his responsibilities for the last two weeks. When I get home from work I am a very tired girl and can do nothing but sit on the couch in a daze. However, all of the manual labor I have been doing as helped me drop two sizes!
3. I got back on the bike. For the first time since last November and the first time since breaking my pelvis, I got back on the Harley. I was nervous and thought that I forgot how to ride, but it really is like riding a bike. It all came back to me and it felt so good to be riding again!
4. Dealing with drama. When Leland's nephews were visiting at the beginning of July, we took them to band practice at the drummers house. While they were there they spent their time playing video games with the drummer's girlfriend's kids. All was well. Then two weeks after that day, the drummer called Leland saying he and his girlfriend are fairly certain that our nephews stole a Nintendo DS from their house. They haven't seen it since that day.
Not wanting to be the parents who believes that their kids can do nothing wrong, we called Leland's brother and asked him to look into it. The kids weren't with us anymore so there was really very little that we could do. Stealing just didn't seem like something the nephews would do, but we wanted to at least check. When Leland's brother said he searched the kid's room and didn't find the DS, we weren't surprised. However, when we told the drummer that the boys didn't have it, he suggested that they sold it for money. We reminded them that the boys are children, that they don't have access to a post office to mail something, that they are on summer break and don't have friends that they play with at home other than each other. Selling it seemed like a pretty far stretch.
The girlfriend was being very bitchy and accusatory about the whole thing and Leland and I really didn't know how to handle the situation. We don't have kids, we have never been in this situation before. Things were starting to get tense when some Facebook messages started going back and forth (the drummer initiated the FB messaging, emailing and FB is way to passive for Leland and I, we both would have preferred talking) and I was getting really irritated. There was nothing more that we could do. The boys live in Louisiana.
Then finally yesterday Leland got a FB message saying that the drummer found the DS sitting next to his computer. It was there the whole time. No one stole it. No one sold it for money. And no one apologized for treating us badly or accusing the nephews of stealing. But that is probably too much to ask.
5. Watching bad Channing Tatum movies. For some unknown reason, Leland and I watched the last 30 minutes of Step Up some time this weekend. It was horrible and cheesy and made me realize that Channing Tatum really is a bad actor. Yes, I know this was one of his first movies, but he sucked just as badly in G.I. Joe. I haven't seen any of his movies after G.I. Joe because I don't think I can sit through any more of his cheesiness. It is just too much for me. Yes, he is easy on the eyes, but listening to him repeat the crappy dialogue is just too much for me. This being said, I think I am going to get a copy of Teen Beat magazine and add his picture to my wall. Like I said, he is fun to look at and he is a cheesy actor, so he sounds like a perfect fit for my living room wall.
What have you been up to in the past 2 weeks?
I hope you have all been doing well!
Yay for camping and riding the Harley.
Boo on ungracious friends who start drama and can't apologize when wrong.
P.S. I've missed your blogging. Please don't take anymore breaks.
what a jerk with the nintendo DS...maybe you should LOOK for an item before accusing someone else!
I must admit, I'm surprised #6 wasn't: having sex with Leeland. ; )
Welcome back.. sounds like a fun camping trip.. how you doing on the sex count down?
It is hard to deal with kids and esp parents sometimes They were definitely twats and owe you and the boys a big apology
I can tell from your "sex counter" that you've been running around without any pants on... lucky mosquitoes..
Nice to be busy at work... believe me... its soooooo slow here.....
Ugh. You are owed an apology and the boys are owed an even bigger one. $@(*# inconsiderate drummer dude... I hope he isn't the band's marketing rep...
Last two weeks? who me? I've done next to diddilly squat.. and no sex. I'm so dull I'm counting the change in my pockets for excitement.
Even if his acting pretty much sucks, Channing Tatum is FREAKING HOT!
It's terrible when kids are accused of stealing....
I always feel bad when I have to ask my nephew's wife to double check her stuff after she's been over to babysit....I NEVER want to accuse people, but sometimes things get misplaced! Dumb people for not apologizing!!
FYI...my 2 year old hides his DS in the back of his bike! (Yes, this is when I had to call my nephew's wife to ask her to check!)
Silly Little Man!!
Well, that is just WRONG. I'd be pissed if I were you! At the very LEAST, there should be an apology. To you and Leland AND to the boys. Because that's just shitty.
Way to get back on that bike, girl!
Glad you're back! I want Channing Tatum to continue being in movies, because he is that beautiful - but only for that reason. And good call on the mosquito repellent - that would have been NO fun!
They should have apologized to you! That isn't right.
PS Woo to the hoo on your sex counter!
I've been off for awhile too. In fact, I haven't even logged into blogger yet...just my reader.
I'm so jealous of the camping and Harley part of you busy weeks. I really miss my Fat Boy.
Nintendo playing ass clowns.
You should sic Channing Tatum on them. He can't act but he's large, beefy and intimidating.
How rude they didn't apologize...
I have been getting my baby ready for kindergarten...There has been lost of tears...She however is super excited...
OMG,how rude of those people..seriously!
I run around as naked as possible all the time.
If someone rings the doorbell I am rushing around for clothes!
Channing Tatum is fine!! I just mute the tv when watching him..LOL.
Glad your having fun and keeping busy! Camping sounds fun, minus those bites though. OUCH! And Sorry for the drama too.
I've been preparing for celebrations in the past two weeks - my birthday and my anniversary. I've also been meeting a lot of new people and making new friends. It's been great!
Best wishes to you and I hope you continue to do new things and old things you love and stay healthy and happy!
Went camping a couple of times! Haven't been blogging and feel guilty about it. =)
Um, the Drummer owes you an apology.
Sounds like a break did you well. Fun fun fun was meant for you.
When adults become parents the body has a chemical imbalance due to hormone changes, i.e, crazy fits come about and unlogical worrisome thinking occurs. Still this is no excuse for lack of genuine apology. Since they won't apologize, I will. Sorry your friends acted like ass clowns; may they never to that again.
I CAN'T believe you didn't even get an apology for the DS! Unacceptable.
Doesn't it just seem like all the hot ones are total cheese dicks?? Like Rob Patinson (sp??)
He's a total doll face, but his movies are shit!
So glad your nephews weren't involved with the missing game. It's a shame they accused the boys before searching the entire house.
Hey there life partner! Hope all is well:) Happy almost Hump Day!!
Yay for manual labor. (said as I sit on my butt for 7 hours)--
I can't believe they didn't apologize. I'd seriously distance myself from them - but I guess that is not an option being it has to do with the band. bummer.
You should have gotten on the Harley without any pants on!!!
Post a Comment