Thursday, February 26, 2009

Work Shmirk

I have gotten really bad at going to work lately. I think I have worked only one five day week so far this year. I'm sure my apathy stems from knowing I will be leaving my job soon, though I wish that time would come a lot sooner. My apathy may also come from knowing that we are so flipping s..l...o...w. In an average 8 hour day, I spend approximately 6 hours doing nothing but look for things to do. I am very lucky that my boss never lets anyone go, because if he did, I would have lost my job a long time ago. I've worked there for nearly 8 years and it has never been this bad. So now instead of going to work and sitting around, I opt to stay home and sit around.

Which is very bad because I have a million things to do at home and I should be using my time wisely.

Instead I spent the entire day curled up on the couch with my hunk of a husband and The Bachman. It was fansmashingtastic. And right about now I am trying to decide if I am still going to be sick tomorrow.

1 comment:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

You crack me up!! I have times like that.

I stay home and won't get anything done!