Saturday, November 8, 2008

Winter blues

When Hot Husband & I made the decision to leave the midwest & head somewhere warmer & sunnier, I decided to try to enjoy what may be my last winter in Chicago. That only lasted 3 weeks. Last night as I left work and took the 5 steps to my car, I realized there is nothing to enjoy about winter. The constant clouds, cold wind, shoveling the driveway and dealing with traffic while it snows are all things I find impossible to enjoy. When I made it home I told Hot Husband that I was through enjoying the winter. "You know," he said, "I don't like the winter either, but I do like sitting at home on a weekend afternoon or evening & watching the snow fall outside while we have a fire inside. And I like when it's dark and we go outside everything is so peaceful." That I will miss.

No comments: