Thursday, November 27, 2008

Top Ten Reasons Thanksgiving is my Favorite Holiday

10. The four day weekend.
9. Mashed potatoes. They are my favorite kind of potatoes and I love to drown them in gravy.
8. It's the one day a year I let myself eat without feeling extremely guilty. I save the guilt for the day after.
7. Mamosas. I drink them all day long.
6. Green bean casserole. I just recently discovered that I like it and I can't wait to give myself a big helping.
5. Being lazy in the morning then going over to someone else's house and being lazy there.
4. Watching Hot Husband bond with my dad and brother-in-law.
3. Mom's stuffing. She really should make it more often than once a year.
2. I love watching Santa Claus enter Harold Square in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. Even at 27, this still makes me giddy with delight.
1. Having everyone I care about crammed into a small house, fighting for places to sit or stand, talking loudly because none of us wait for people to stop talking--we just get louder and louder, drinking and eating and laughing.

No comments: