Monday, August 17, 2009

Babble

It's noon on Monday and I have been at work for 4 hours. So far I haven't done any work. I have been busy working on my office. I moved some filing cabinets, built an extension on to the desk and emptied out a ton of drawers, the contents of which are now covering my desk. I am sqeezing myself in to a tiny little clean area to type this. Hopefully I'll have it all cleaned up by the time I leave today.

Totally unrelated question:
Has anyone seen the movie Mulholland Drive? If so, did you enjoy it? Leland and I watched it yesterday and we weren't terribly impressed. We have been told by tons of people that the movie was really weird and that we just had to see it. So we listened. We both thought the movie was incredibly slow, and after watching for an hour, we decided to watch the rest in fast-forward. It definitely looked weird, and since we fast-forwarded a lot of it, we really don't know what happened, but the ending didn't seem to make any sense and all the random characters didn't seem to fit in anywhere. I thought about keeping the movie to give it another chance but decided against it. I put it in the mail back to Netflix this morning. Hopefully the next movie we get is better.

Tonight I have super exciting plans to make an easy dinner and lay on the couch. I woke up this morning feeling like I am getting sick. My throat is dry and sore, my eyes are all dried out and my nose won't stop running. I'm not totally at the sick point yet, but I feel like it's on its way. Bring on the Vitamin C.

5 comments:

Carma Sez said...

I like the fast forward idea. There's been plenty of times I've been stuck in a theatre wishing I could do just that. Haven't seen Mulholland Drive, though..

Hope you are able to fight off that virus.

Suzi Q said...

I watched Mulholland Drive for a film class. The first time I watched it I didn't like it. It is weird. But watch it again, think about the film from a director's standpoint and don't expect it to make sense.

Intense Guy said...

I've never seen it. I often fast forward through movies.

Hey, you know what movie I'd recommend for you and Leland?

"Harold and Maude".

The music alone is fantastic (its Cat Stevens stuff).

Psstt... wanna piece of licorice?

Vodka Logic said...

I hope you feel better soon.

FF was the best invention ever...that and Pause... pee breaks you know.

xx

yellowdoggranny said...

i'm with you ...mullholland dr made no sense...all that talent went to waste on a goofy movie..
hope you kick the cold before it kicks you..