Since my last post was basically just me picking on Leland, I thought I would pick on myself for a little while. Just as Leland has some habits that annoy the hell out of me, I am well aware of the fact that there are some things about me that he would rather do without.
1. I am indecisive. I can't seem to make any decision without tons of thought and going back and forth for a long time. A simple question as what I want for dinner can take forever for me to answer. Salmon? Tacos? Pizza? Salad? Wraps? Sometimes it takes me so long to decide that he has gone to pick up his own food and leaves me to figure it out alone.
2. I talk to him while he is talking on the phone. I know this is obnoxious and I'm trying to work on it. He just never seems to ask the right questions or say the right thing that I just have to chime in!
3. He constantly has to pick up after me. I am a pro at leaving my clothes in a pile on the floor. I am allergic to the vacuum. I think the dining room table is a great place for a pile of bills and the bathroom floor is where my shoes belong. This is another thing I am working on.
4. Total Eclipse of the Heart. I love this song and sing it at the top of my lungs whenever I hear it. I cannot carry a tune. I make this song sound awful. But when I sing it, I mean it so much! Still, he hates it. I know he secretly wishes a ninja would attack me every time I sing it. Though I don't think that would make me stop singing it. I really don't think anything would.
5. I scream and freak out everytime I see bugs in the house. I'm usually okay with spiders, but lately my house has been infested with earwigs. I hate earwigs. Last night I was in the basement doing laundry. I reached into one of our laundry bins and when I pulled my arm out, I had two earwigs on it. Of course I shrieked and danced around like the little girl that I am, making Leland all worried. When I told him what happened he said "I thought you were hurt." When I noticed that the earwigs I shook off my arm were now crawling on my leg, the whole episode happened again. "How are you going to survive in the post-apocalypse? You are going to have to eat bugs if you want to survive," he says. Then I reminded him that the post-apocalypse hasn't happened yet and went back to doing the laundry.
This was originally posted with just 5 annoying things, but then Leland had to weigh in. The 6th annoying thing I do is complain about things without doing enough to change them. I hate my job but never look for a new one. I want to lose weight but always have a reason not to go to the gym. I complain about my stomach issues but never go to the doctor. Poor guy! He's got quite a lot to deal with! I guess I shouldn't complain about him wanting to cut the head off a dead bird and boil it in water on our stove!
I totally sing and dance at Total Eclipse of the heart too!!!!!!
I do the first three. :)
#3 is so me and the rockstar, too. I'm the deep cleaner, he's the maintainer.
I LOVE number 4! I sing anything and everything, offkey but passionately. DEAL WITH IT! :-)
I didn't think it got much more indecisive than me. It drives my husband absolutely insane and usually involves the "best" way to get the best deal on something. I can take hours searching the internet etc. when he contends he can do what I do in a quick minute; yeah, but at full dollar!!!!
I've had a post in the queue about Total Eclipse of the Heart. I need to post it one of these days. One of the most awesome songs evah!!!
Perhaps he is just jealous 'cause he can't sing it as well as you do.
I do #2, could use someone to do #3.
Bugs do not freak me out - but we are having an invasion of stinkbugs and ugh, I hate how they smell when ya mash 'em with the flyswatter.
I think #6 is something everyone does to some extent. Sometimes you complaining is all you can do.
This is a great list... and a good exercise! Love it!
Post a Comment